Thursday 18 April 2013

Week 3 - Granny Challenge


Since last week I have got rather carried away with making squares and have lost count of how many I have made.  I am now starting over again with the same colours, but in reverse order of centres and outer coloured round.


I am being good and trying to keep sewing the ends in quite frequently, see my comment's in last weeks post.

The picture above show some of the squares I have made this week and I am now making a start on blocking the squares before assembling them into a blanket.  You don't really have to do this, but since so much work goes into making the blanket, I just want to do it all properly.  Like the old saying ' if a jobs worth doing, its worth doing well'

Here is a great little link to the wonderful Lucy from Attic24's tutorial on Blocking


I am hoping to get some more completed on Friday 19th April as I am going on Beautiful Things outing to a lovely shop called the Crochet Chain in Waltham Abbey where we are to enjoy a couple of hours working away on our crochet whilst we all natter and enjoy the company and a cuppa.

I am sure you will see lots of photo's in due course on Beautiful Things Facebook Page.   

2 comments:

donna said...

Lovely!!

Diane Kelsey said...

Thanks for the link to blocking the squares, I cant believe the difference it makes. More lovely squares to add to your collection.